Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Saturday, September 17, 2011




9/17/11 #233 33miles
Rode the Montour Trail from McDonald, rather late in the day. As I was prepping my bike at the trailhead I heard what sounded like Indian drum music in the distance, which is not something you hear too often.

So I rode over and found the Red Eagle Powwow, nice setup, visitor friendly, and they were all dressed more reasonably than I was in my bike kit.

Rode to MP31.5 at Farmhouse Coffee and got there around 7pm (they close at 6, I learned). Had a snack and then reversed course, and I had all my lights on for the return leg. On the front I had a Planet Bike HID to illuminate my path, and a Planet Bike 2W LED blinky to help others see me. On the rear I had a Portland Design Works Radbot 1000 and a Cateye TL-LD1000.

On the way back home I got to see how well the HID lights up when I rode through the unlit National Tunnel. It really put out a lot of light.

The moon hadn't come up yet and this was my first truly dark ride in quite a while. A really nice ride, 33 miles.

  9/17/11
Week 35
  
this week:
65 miles
  [3rd quarter: 1447 miles]    
2011: 3138 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment