Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again; Double Time in Philly

06-06-11 #229

Rode 26 miles on the Montour Trail after spending a little time adjusting and working on the bike (Surly LHT). Enjoyed a nice ride.

While I was riding a 20-something young man who was walking his bike asked if I had a pump, he was flat without a spare and wanted to pump it up and ride it home. I was able to reconfigure my pump from Presta to Schrader and my self-esteem rose 2.1 points on being able to help him out.

Interesting report in the Washington Post about yesterday's Pro Bike Race in Philadelphia:
Alex Rasmussen of HTC-Highroad won a sprint finish Sunday in the 156-mile Philadelphia International Championship pro cycling race. Rasmussen finished with a time of 5 hours, 59 minutes, 4 seconds...
Mr. Rasmussen rode 156 miles on Sunday in roughly the same amount of time it took me to ride 74 miles on Thursday. I'm not saying that's proof of Performance Enhancing Drugs, I'm just wondering...


No comments:

Post a Comment