Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

LORAN Station Carolina Beach

Wed Feb1, 2017 29m
Thur Feb2, 2017 20m
Feb mtd: 49m ytd: 187
Wednesday I rode across the Intracoastal Waterway, which qualifies as the big hill around here, and took River Road. I passed an old USCG Loran station, which was decommissioned in 2010. It took like 25 years to decommission the LORAN network. Photo from the bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway:


Thursday I rode south to Federal Point. Less windy. The drivers here are cooperative.


I've been getting a little experience with campfire technique, and I've done some batoning for gee-whiz (and without cutting off any personal parts!) Campfire building is something I want to develop this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment