Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Best Bicycle Cake Ever Made

12/03/11 15m 45F
I was very pleased and honored to receive this bike-theme gift from a friend yesterday:



This is the officially the Best Bicycle Cake Ever Made. The level of accurate detail is amazing: the brake hoods, the headlight, the water bottle, the cable routing, the rear light, the derailleur routing, the chainring bolts, the cassette on the rear wheel. There's actually a smaller chainring behind the big/outer ring. The bike on the cake matches the paint on my Surly LHT.

Rode 15miles in 1h30m today, from the Cranberry Starbucks to Sewickley Creek Road. I like the ride through the industrial park and out on Warrendale-Bayne Road, it's not congested and there's a couple of hills. I did hit 36.5 mph on one of the descents, that's a little faster than I'll usually go.

  11/12/03
Week 45
  
this week:
87 miles
  [4th quarter: 1037 miles]    
2011: 4303 miles


Saturday Sunrise:

2 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME cake!! The artist did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'll have to keep this one in mind for when my day finally gets here.

    ReplyDelete