Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sycamore Street Made a Big Impression on Me

08/14/11 #227 37m
I rode 37 miles solo today, mostly trails some streets. The first 30 miles was just a bit of a warmup, followed by my first attempt to climb Mt. Washington via Sycamore Street. Let me say this: Sycamore Street made a bigger impression on me, than I made on Sycamore Street.

Sycamore Street has a dual notoriety; it's number seven in the Pittsburgh Dirty Dozen hill series, and it was the key feature of the Thrift Drug Classic when that bicycle race was held in Pittsburgh. This depiction of the grade is an effective presentation.

I believe I stopped six times while riding up Sycamore Street. I look forward to someday only stopping five times. My profanity is insufficient to describe this climb.



On the way back across the North Side, I noticed that a full-size MouseTrap game had been erected at the Carnegie Science Center. Somehow I'd missed it on the initial leg southbound.



No comments:

Post a Comment