Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Looked at Mt. Davis, and I blinked

7.27.2014 12m
Started out to ride from Confluence to the top of Mount Davis and I Did Not Finish (DNF). I looked at the climb and I blinked.

There are stories, factors: excuses. I listed to my phone, which routed me on dirt roads, which turned into muddy hills - but that's an excuse. It's a poor cyclist who blames Google.

I heard footsteps from the expected Tornados of the Century but that's just bad planning on my part.

I just didn't have the mojo. Today was not the day. In previous years, I'd have stuck it out until I bonked, puked, or had a blood sugar crash. Today I recognized, this path is not working for me, and pushing real hard isn't going to make it better.

But I do need to get out there again. Great hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment