The Post-Gazette runs a Gifts for Cyclists column today. It's great they see cyclists as a large enough group to justify the effort. The P-G suggests I completely endorse the Support your Local Bike Shop Approach . If you want the Bike Shop to be there for you, then you've got to be there for the bike shop. BikesOnline.com is not going to help you figure out that noise in your bottom bracket.
for the GAP and C&O riding cyclist in your life:
- Discounted Gift Certificates from Golden Triangle Bike, use discount code "Shift 2017" to take 15% off the cost of the gift. A $100 gift card costs $85! Use for Pittsburgh-DC bike rentals, lodging, supplies, equipment.
- (cough, cough, warning, this is my map!) Trail Guide for the GAP and C&O Canal Towpath
- the All-New Great Allegheny Passage Companion by Bill Metzger. Unfortunately, this won't be published in time for Dec.25th, but it's due out in early Spring 2017.
finally lights are usually a safe bet, from your Local Bike Shop.
- Head Light: Cygolite Expilion 720 USB Light (or the 850)
- Tail Light: Cygolite HotShot Pro 150 USB (or the 100)