Today's 11-mile ride in 37F brings my annual mileage to 6999, 1 mile short of my this year's goal mileage, and I don't believe any of that Zeno's Paradox stuff about being unable to move to a concrete number.
Link of the day: Snow Fall: The Avalanche at Turtle Creek from today's New York Times, for a few reasons.
- it's provides the basis for a review of group dynamics and decision making
- it applies to group bike rides just as much as ski trips
- it's a very well-told story, without judgement or over-analysis or blame
- it really represents what a web presentation is supposed to be, it's extremely well done
- it's an example of what a big newspaper can do on the internet that nobody else can
- less seriously, because it provides an excellent demo of the new backpack airbags skiers carry for avalanches, and as I pedal around Point State Park to the Convention Center I've been thinking about getting a pair.