Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Invisibility and Thick Unicycling

4/7/2014 0m #215
Learned today that there's a photo/art show about to open in Gotham, "Am I Invisible?" Thought a likely subject would be the author of Invisible Visible Man, who is an insightful and eloquent scribe and a NYC cyclist to boot. So I created my own submission, a montage of photos of Mr. Invisible Visible Man himself, in progressive states of invisibility.



In the evening, I went to a Unicycle 101 Lesson at Thick Bikes. It was such a lot of fun. Very relaxed, fun people. Probably five folks who knew what they were doing and seven people who didn't.

It was so great to suck at this. It's been a while since I was so completely inept/clueless at something and just (literally) falling down incompetent. It was still a lot of fun and I look forward to sucking less. Very nice of the Thick folks and the experienced unicyclists to support it. (btw, every other Monday at Thick, 6.30 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment