Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Friday, February 21, 2014

It's Like A Heat Wave with a Tailwind

2/21/2014 42F 220# 12m
Rode to pick up my car from a garage today, where it was getting a new engine installed. Which is probably a metaphor of some sorts.

Great ride, although the spin up Marion Hill was more work than it was the last time I was here. Extra bonus: Strong tailwind on the outbound leg, drove the car back on the return leg. About time I beat the wind for a change.

Came across this new-to-me mural in New Brighton on my way over to pick it up, very nice:



I was way overdressed for 40F. My feet were overly warm, so were my hands, and I was really sweating quite a bit as I climbed. I need to relearn forty degrees.

Great to ride, sort of disappointed at my deconditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment