Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day6: Gloucester Court House, Va to Warsaw, Va

11/6/2013 54m, 374m/trip


Departed Gloucester Court House after breakfast in the hotel. Continued riding for probably 18 miles until Saluda, Va where I found a Hardee's restaurant. When scientists want to slow down the speed of light, they should run their experiments in southern fast-food restaurants, because everything is slower in there. But I met and got to talk to some very nice people.

I do need to figure out how RV- and camper folks plan their trips, I'm thinking there must be camper's maps just like there's aviation maps. I passed several campgrounds on this trip that weren't on Google or any maps, and I'd have structured the days differently if I had known they were there. More to learn about.



I crossed the Rappahannock at Tappahannock, using the two-lane bridge and all the drivers cooperated really well. Continued well off the beaten path and into Heritage Park Campground in Warsaw, Va (which is also the location of Belle Mount Winery. Very nice people and I had the campground to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment