Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Brighton Up and the Koppel Golden Triangle

11/22/12 33M
Rode north along Route 18. This used to be a frequent route for me but I haven't been up here in quite a while.

In New Brighton, I was surprised to see a vacant lot at 915 Third Avenue being developed into a plaza of sorts, decorative brick still being laid and some sculpture being installed. Riding by on the street I thought they were two boxers, but standing in the plaza they might be dancers or lovers. Click here for more on the BrightonUp project.



Continued north through Beaver Falls. I noticed they've torn down the old Granada movie theater, the last of the old-school movie houses in Beaver County. My last few trips into Beaver Falls were in the dark, making 0500 Orams Doughnuts runs.

Made my turn-around at Route 351 (fave walk of The Green Man) in Koppel. The area once had a significant manufacturing base, but now the Route 18 - I76 - PA351 "Golden Triangle" has focused on a more seminal economy.

Reversed and made it home in time to shower and have about ten minutes before Thanksgiving Dinner. 33 miles in 60F. Many things to be thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment