Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Smart Phone Handlebar Mount

8/23/11 #223


Rode 26 miles on the Montour Trail, my "old reliable" route starting at Boggs. Experimented with a handlebar mounting for a smart phone that I purchased at Performance in Bakery Square yesterday.

Because, if nothing else, I need more gadgets on my bike.



I don't make a habit of watching my phone while I'm riding, but I'm thinking about an effective way to refer to the phone (in map mode) for navigation while riding - something more effective than dig it out of a jersey pocket, try not to drop it, trying to open the App while pedaling, etc. I think this may be useful.

I felt a bit underpowered on the ride today, like I was tired. I'll have to see how that progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment