Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Ghost Bike Recon Run

Wed Nov.4 2015 7 miles
I got to ride in a new area today and meet a new-to-me cyclist, Lance L.

I needed to do a recon ride for an upcoming Memorial Ride. I was fortunate that an experienced local cyclist took me out and showed me around. My pre-conceived notion for the ride would not have worked; major hills would have split the pack up too much.

This is the route for the memorial ride for Brandon Ortmann, who was killed while riding home from work at 7pm on a Friday evening. He had a bike light on, and was riding contraflow. It seems like he might have crossed to the wrong-side of the street to get into position for an approaching left turn, but that's speculation.


No comments:

Post a Comment