Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Ride of the Year: 4511 miles in 2011


12/31/11 #240 19m 38F
Rode 19 miles on the Montour Trail with R, going from the Ridgewood Drive Trailhead to the Bebout Road construction site. Then we stopped at FarmHouse Coffee in a bit of a drizzle for coffee and red velvet biscotti (excellent!), and rode back to the Ridgewood Drive Trailhead.

This was the latest in the season that I've ever been able to ride through the National Tunnel, usually the floor gets icy and it's problematic. We got to see the construction in progress at Morganza Road, Georgetown Road, and Bebout Road, and it looks like there's new cement and rebar at all three sites, maybe the mild weather has helped them along.

Today's 19 miles puts my annual mileage at 4511, which is a totally excellent number for the year.

I attribute the mileage to my support on the home front and the support of my bike-budz, my thanks go out to K, R, M, G, M, J, C, S, and S. And Kurt.

The annual mileage also means I have 6000 miles on my Surly LHT drivetrain, so I'm considering a new crankset/chain/cassette in the springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment