Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Prognosticating Precip for the Peripatetic

4.3.2015
Drizzly day, got the taxes done. This is the earliest I've been done in decades, because I hope to go on a trip and need to get them accomplished. Being able to download and print out obscure forms is just awesome, it so much beats being constrained by the library hours.


The web is also so useful (and addictive) in the week before a bike ride, checking and fussing over the weather forecast.

I'm planning on riding Natchez MS to Nashville TN via the Natchez Trace. I'm going to be camping and possibly using HOO's (hotels of opportunity). One of the benefits is that I can choose my start moment, which is a blessing and a challenge.

My plan is: I'm going to drive to the northern terminus of the Natchez Trace Parkway and park my aging van close to the trail. I've made arrangements to leave the car in a fairly secure place. I'm going to have a shuttle service from Natchez (the south end) come up and then convey me down to Natchez, where I'll start the ride.




I love the temperature range I'm seeing here. I'm thinking: drive to Nashville (BNA) Thursday, shuttle service to Natchez Friday, start pedalling Saturday morning.

This is the temperature range at the north end of the trail, in Nashville TN. Looks like the nights are about ten degrees American cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment