Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reunited with my Road Bike

5/7/11 #230
21.4miles


Rode my road bike, an aluminum Trek 1100, today for the first time in several years. I had disassembled it for a trip to Florida as checked airline baggage, and on my return I had left it with the handlebars and odd bits hanging loose in my basement. In the meanwhile I had bought my Surly LHT which became my main ride.

I really enjoyed being back on the road bike. With a shorter wheelbase it felt quite twitchy in comparison to the LHT. I have an EasySeat on the roadbike and that takes some getting used to, there's a real loss of body English in not having a traditional saddle. But I really liked being on the road bike again, it's much lighter than the touring bike.

I rode in the morning with Marc Y and Sam K, on the trails along the Monongahela River. It was raining at the start and again at the middle, but it was a nice ride. Rode 21 miles.



5/07/11 Week 18    this week: 63 miles   [2nd quarter: 334 ]    2011: 649



No comments:

Post a Comment