Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tour de Cure Pittsburgh 2011

1/09 215#



On cold winter days I think and scheme about warm summer rides, and today I've registered for a Century (100 mile) ride in June. The Tour de Cure Pittsburgh raises fund$ for diabetes research. Last year, the Pittsburgh ride raised $204,316 with over 533 riders pedaling and 120 volunteers supporting.

I'll be riding with Team Red, which consists of diabetic riders. I don't know the team members yet, but the team captain, Mark Yergin, is well known among the Western Pennsylvania Wheelmen, and I think it'll be a great day.

If you'd be willing to sponsor me (for any amount) I'd be grateful, and either way I thank you for thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment