Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Are you in that much of a hurry? YES I AM

Tues Nov.29 2016 15m
Wed Nov 30 2016 17m
Nov. EOM:393 ytd:2812
Tuesday I parked on the SouthSide Trail and rode around to a bunch of errands. Shadyside, Squirrel Hill. Intercepted YC and we rode Murray and Browns Hill to the Waterfront. Riding northwest into the South Side, crossing Hot Metal Street in the bright-green corridor, an opposite-direction driver tried to kill me.

I'm going straight ahead, in a green-crosswalk with a prominent bike symbol. She's opposite direction and turning left across my path. She saw me in front of her, and did not want to stop so she kept on going. I stopped. I yelled at her, I waved at her, I got ready to get off the bike and run away, and finally she stopped.

The window was open and I yelled to the driver, Are you in that much of a hurry?

"Yes, I am!" was the response. Can't make that kind of stuff up.


Wednesday, rode from the Rez to Beaver, PA which involves a teeny-tiny bit of I-376. Stopped at the Library. Rode to the Y in Rochester. On the way back: Starbucks, because: Christmas Blend. Everybody was very nice. Nobody was in that much of a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment