Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Easter Rebellion and Yale's Northside Tour

4.24.2016 35m
4.26.2016 19m
eom April:208 ytd:540
Sunday I rode from the North Side into East Liberty with my wife Karen, then I bopped over to the South Side myself to join my friend TimM for a celebration of the Easter Rebellion.


I must confess that the pints seemed to weigh on me as I climbed back to East Liberty. Rendezvoused with K, met a cyclist rocking a Dutch-style bike with a safety lollipop - only the second one I've seen in Pittsburgh. Rode to OTB, had dinner, RTB.

Tuesday was primary day, so: things you can do with a Pizza front rack:


I met YaleC and got the Manchester segment of his North Side Tour. I really liked the Wayfinding system at this Tiny Free Library at Manhattan & Hamlin Streets:


From Manhattan and Juniata Streets:


Fascinated to find three Baptist churches at the same location:


In Manchester, Yale showed me the high water mark from the 1936 St. Patrick's Day flood:

Not as pronounced as the markings at Klavons, but still remarkable.



No comments:

Post a Comment