Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Monday, December 15, 2014

The Flaneur on the Ides of December

12.15.2014 14m
Today is Ides of December, with only 3.5 months, just 105 days until April 1 and wonderful weather. And next week the daylight starts increasing.


I rode by bike to work in oggy conditions. The visibility was only about a mile, and it was lower close to the Ohio River. It was also quite warm, at least 40F. My inbound route was 5.05 miles.

Rode back in twilight, 45F. I was overdressed. This segment was 9 miles.

From Facebook I encountered this drawing by Pascal Campion (blog   Facebook   web) , which I would title "The Flaneur". This pretty much sums up the city riding experience for me:




No comments:

Post a Comment