Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Confluence & Ohiopyle

8.2.2016 18m
8.6.2016 3m
8.7.2016 22m
8.8.2016 18m
Aug mtd:61 ytd:1224
Aug 6 my wife and I drove out to Confluence. We rode from the Yough Outflow Campground, around the soft-serve ice cream place, and up to the top of the dam. Really a tremendous view from up there. On the lake-side of the dam, there's a beach for swimming that I'd never known about.


Nice campground, love the showers building. Decent cell coverage. If the campground only had wifi.



Another cyclist had an extreme ultralight shelter, I wish I'd paid more attention to it. It looked like the fly from a Cascade Design FlyLite, without the tent. I think he used his Flickstand instead of a trekking pole for support.




Aug 7 my wife Karen and I rode Confluence to Ohiopyle. Pepperoni roll at Ohiopyle Bakery, tremendous espresso's next door, and checked out the Backyard Gardens in the old Armory building. Noted that the former Firefly Grill is now an ice cream shop.


Trail conditions were excellent. Not too crowded.

Aug 8 I rode from Southside to Kennywood with Yale. Nice ride.






No comments:

Post a Comment