Type 2 Diabetic. Cyclist Flâneur.   Coffeeneur.    Errandoneur
A bike / map geek with a gadget obsession and a high-viz fetish.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Bumper Bike, Tunnel to the Point, Olives

Thur 2/09/2017 10m
Sat 2/11/2017 11m
Sun 2/12/2017 24m
Mon 2/13/2017 15m
Feb mtd: 109m ytd: 247
Thursday I rode around town, stopped at Adda Coffeeshop, was surprised to meet Bumper Bike, a/k/a Aaron Isaiah Massengill. He was energized and talkative as always; it must be said he's troubled and mentally ill. It was nice to see he's still alive.

This is the location of a new power plant proposed for the Buena Vista area on the GAP:



Sat if was 58F outside and I just don't know how to dress for that temperature.

Sunday I rode around town. Saw a cyclist on a nice Specialized bike, turns out it's an e-bike:



Hooked up with YC for a few miles. Rode around Point State Park to discover (for myself) an access tunnel that MvD identified in her Frigid Bitch video. I had no idea it existed.

Stopped in Bloomfield for dinner. Afterwards, descending 40th Street from Penn in the dark, I hit a pothole and my Ortlieb pannier broke it's main mounting bracket. I've had this one in continual use for six years, I really can't grip about it.

Monday I rode around town. Picked up some great olives at Salonika Imports. Really a pretty day:


No comments:

Post a Comment